- Order a Termite Clearance Letter. If you currently have a bond, your company may offer a free or drastically discounted price for the inspection. Although this is no longer required, having these questions answered will help your home sell faster.
- Consider a pre-inspection to identify any problem areas (cost $275-500 in Alpharetta area depending on size of house and inspector)
- Gather homeowner association information and/or subdivision covenants and restrictions
- Gather contact information for any homeowner management company or association president
- Gather all information about current mortgage and indebtedness on the house (loan numbers, lender names, phone numbers, social security number of owner)
- Get a copy of the most recent tax bill
- Get a copy of the legal description for the home (on your deed or on the legal description of your house when you signed your own contract for sale)
- Fill out your Seller Disclosure Form listing all known issues and previous repairs and issues in relation to the house.
Jeff’s Note: If your home has Synthetic Stucco (EIFS) siding or if you have other potentially difficult-to-sell systems in your home such as Hardboard Siding, Polybutylene Plumbing, and/or Basement Moisture you may want to view our Home Ownership Tips for additional legal, repair and maintenance information for these special systems.