- Homes under $200K 14 houses sold in May, 9 in June, and 18 in July dropped to 3 last month.
- $200-275K homes sold at a rate of 35 in May, 28 in June, 15 in July and remained steady at 15 for August.
- $275-350K houses sold 25 in May, 22 in
There are currently 64 blog entries related to this category.
I’ve noticed an alarming trend lately in the Alpharetta and Johns Creek areas involving roofing companies and “hail damage” claims against homeowner policies.
There are roofing companies out there that appear to be “drumming” up business by soliciting unnecessary roof replacements that are paid for by homeowner’s insurance. The sales tools include area maps marked up with big red circles around areas that have experienced “hail activity” and yard signs.
It also tends to happen more with some insurance carriers than with others. I asked about it with one of these roofing companies recently and their first question was “Who is your carrier?” the second comment was “They are tough, you probably won’t get it.”
So I have to ask…
- If a roof is 20
- Under $275K, there was a 14% decrease in sales as compared to June 2007 and the current inventory reflects a 46.1% increase in the supply of homes over the figures for this same time last year.
- $275-600K, we have experienced a 26% drop in sales as compared to last year, with the inventory up 40%.
- $600K+ price range has experienced a 50% drop with a 108% increase in inventory which represents a 21-month supply of homes now.