New homes sales were up nationally in April by 16.2% over March 2007. The south was the strongest region in the country, with sales up a whopping 27.8% over the previous month. This sound good at first read but is it? I reviewed the sales figures for April resale homes in our area and they showed basically no improvement over March. The market is staying pretty much the same, not bad but not rip roaring either. So what is going on with new home sales? The first thing that popped into my mind was the automobile industry after the attack on September 11, 2001. Do you remember all of the zero percent financing and huge incentives available that were offered to create sales at any cost? Well it did create sales in the short term for the car companies but at…
There are 4 blog entries for May 2007.
The Alpharetta and Johns Creek real estate markets continued to show weakness in April (as compared to last year at the time). April 2006 sales totaled 240 homes sold from the 848 homes in inventory across all price ranges. This year showed a substantial (but not devastating) drop in sales, and an increase in inventory with 207 homes sold in April 2007 out of 1079 total homes for sale (across all price ranges). This represents a 13.75% drop in sales and a 27.24% increase in the total number of homes for sale between April 2006 and April 2007. These figures equate to a 5.21 month supply of homes at April's absorption rate which is up a whopping 47.59% from April 2006's 3.53 month supply. What does this mean to buyers and sellers in Alpharetta and Johns…
Be sure to pay attention to the contents of your mailbox. Consider a locked mailbox option and always remove your mail promptly!
- Theft by taking – Oxford Mill Cir. – 30022 – The victims’ bank checks were stolen from her mailbox. She did not realize they were stolen until she checked her account via internet and realized there were unknown charges.
- Public indecency – Ashwind Trace/Windbrooke Way – 30005 - The victims stated while she was walking near the pool area, a white male was exposing himself. The victim was able to retrieve the vehicles’ tag number and description. This information has been turned over to the police officers and detectives and is currently under investigation.
- Theft by taking
It's summer so I wanted to remind you to keep unoccupied vehicles locked to avoid joining the ranks of victims that have recently had possessions stolen.
- Theft by taking – Old Woodland Entry – 30022 - The victims’ work items were stolen from her vehicle. All items were in plain view and there were no signs of forced entry.
- Theft by taking – Cavendish Pl – 30024 – The victims’ Dell laptop, Brookstone air purifier, and a Motorola wireless headset were stolen from his unlocked vehicle that was parked in his driveway. There were no signs of forced entry.
- Theft by taking – Merriweather Woods Dr. – 30022 – The victims’ Blackberry was taken from her unlocked vehicle that was parked in her driveway. There were no signs of forced entry.